Ok, McCall’s 6035, you win. After 8 months, 4 muslins, and 1 break down, I give up. You win. I wave the white flag. I sadly thought that good reviews and cup sizing would be enough to bring you to my side. It was not.
|Ok, you win. This time around, anyway.|
So in favor of actually reaching my goals set fourth in my sewing challenge, I have decided to make a pattern switch. After much debating and more than a little bit of time considering my pattern stash, I have finally decided to go with BWOF-07-2007-106A:
|My latest pattern obsession.|
Visually, the front is very similar to the McCall’s pattern, but the back is a bit different (McCall’s used princess seams on front and back, BWOF uses princess seams on the front and back, but also has a back yolk in the shoulder area). I am going to hope that my track record with Burda is going to work out to a more useable pattern. And then from there perhaps I can go back and make changes to the McCall’s pattern of doom. Or, you know, not. I like the back of the McCall’s pattern a bit better, but at this point I just want a shirt that fits. Though if this one goes poorly I am tempted to just throw the whole project out the window and make coats the rest of the year. Because apparently that is how I feel it is best appropriate to throw and tantrum in this situation. Or something. Anyway, the shirt project of doom continues!