This was an interesting year for me and skating. I partially feel like I haven’t accomplished quite as much as I wanted in terms of passing tests, but I also am quite pleased with how I did competitively, especially at the National Championships. I moved into a new event this year, so my success was actually quite a surprise. And it has been a good year as far as advancing my judging abilities as well. So, all in all, I am going to call this skating year a success. A few highlights:
* Placed 3rd at the National Championship in Figures
* Was part of the National Champion team for Large Show Group
* Passed my #9 International Solo Dance Test
* Acquired my #3 Judge Commission in International Dance from the RSA
* Was an invited judge at a Regional Championship
* Was invited to judge during the US National Championships
As far as next year goes, I would really like to finish taking my solo international and loop tests through the gold bar, and, with luck, take my gold medal in American Dance. It is something I have been working on for quite some time, and I am hoping that with a bit more time and effort I will be ready to take the test. But, well, having had knee and back injuries in the past I never count skating chickens until they hatch. Attaining my level 4 RSA judging commissions is also something that has crossed my mind, and probably something I should spend some time working on this coming year as well. As always skating will keep me busy, and I am sure that once the competitive season gets into full swing I will be quite busy with skating costumes as well. This past year was quite fun and I am looking ahead to the next!